Posts Tagged ‘tips’
Posted by jimstech on July 11, 2014
Posted by jimstech on July 6, 2014
Posted in General, Pc Tips & Tricks, Software issues | Tagged: downloads, free software, ftp, linux, notepad ++, open source software, server tricks, smtp, tips, unix, windows server | Leave a Comment »
Posted by jimstech on April 6, 2009
Adobe Reader lets you read and print from any system any document created as an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) file, with its original appearance preserved. PDF files are compact and can be shared, viewed, navigated, and printed exactly as the author intended by anyone with Adobe Reader.
- To download Adobe Reader ,CLICK HERE.
AVG Free Antivirus:
What is new in AVG Internet Security?
AVG Internet Security now contains a new extra layer of security to protect you from identity theft as well as new and unknown malware. Your passwords, account information, credit card numbers, social security numbers and other valuables are safe from identity thieves.
“Excellent threat detection .. lightning fast rootkit scanning, and the robust firewall “
Compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista
The new BitTorrent for Windows brings together BitTorrent’s proven expertise in networking protocols with µTorrent’s efficient implementation and compelling UI to create a better BitTorrent client.You’ll also notice BitTorrent 6 comes with BitTorrent DNA, which stands for Delivery Network Accelerator. BitTorrent DNA is an enterprise-grade content delivery accelerator. It is distributed by your favorite websites and software companies to speed up your downloads by connecting to multiple sources of the same file. During and after each download, your computer helps distribute what you download. By giving and receiving in this way, your favorite websites operate more efficiently and provide a better and faster experience for everyone.
- Lightweight client
- Local peer discovery
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Global and per-torrent speed limiting
Internet Download Manager:
IDM is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use.Internet Download Manager has a smart download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Unlike other download managers and accelerators Internet Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve best acceleration performance.
Internet Download Manager supports proxy servers, ftp and http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, authorization, MP3 audio and MPEG video content processing. IDM integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, and all other popular browsers to automatically handle your downloads. You can also drag and drop files, or use Internet Download Manager from command line. Internet Download Manager can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it’s done.
In latest Firefox :
- Fixed two security issues.
- Fixed several stability issues.
- Official releases for the Estonian, Kannada, and Telugu languages are now available.
- Items in the “File” menu show as inactive after using the “Print” item from that menu – switching to a new tab restores them. This issue has been fixed.
- For some users, cookies would appear to go “missing” after a few days.
- Mac users of the Flash block add-on, experienced an issue where sound from the Flash plug-in would continue to play for a short time after closing a tab or window.
- Fixed several issues related to accessibility features.
Nero 9 brings the digital world to your PC with features that make it fun and easy to create high quality multimedia projects with professional results. Create, rip, copy, burn, edit, share, and upload online. Whatever you want music, video, photo, and data enjoy and share with family and friends anytime, anywhere. Mix MP3’s, edit vacation videos, author photo slideshows, record live TV, burn CD/DVDs, Blu-ray disc with just one click, and stream them in any room in your house.
Version 9 includes a revamped interface, improved high-definition support, an enhanced media player, new video-editing options, improved live TV, and new autobackup and data-protection features.
- To download it,CLICK HERE
NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support v6.03:
- nForce MCPs
- – Enables system tuning and profiles for clocks, voltages, timings, and fans– Includes support for Enthusiast System Architecture (ESA) components– Displays detailed system information
- GeForce GPUs
- – Enables GPU overclocking
VLC player V9.xx:
This is a bugfix release on the 0.9 branch of VLC. Notables bugfixes are:
- Fullscreen behavior on Windows with multiple screens,
- Workaround bug with libxml2 >=2.7.3,
- Video performance on Intel-based Systems,
- Various decoders updates on Windows.
- Supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
- Features a complete streaming server, with extended features (video on demand, on the fly transcoding)
To download this version,CLICK HERE.
Winamp Media Player V5.x:
- Winamp 5.5 features our new Bento Skin that’s easier to use and more powerful than ever.
- Easily access the Media Library, Playlist Editor, Video, Visualizations, Media Monitor Browser, EQ, Skin Options and Color Themes all from one single user interface.
- Includes over 20 color themes that suit nearly every mood or occasion!
- Winamp 5.5 carries forward the unobtrusive “Window Shade” mode. Drag and drop media directly into a Playlist from Windows Explorer or the Media Library
- Jump directly to an item within the list by double clicking it or selecting the item and pressing Enter
- Easily Open and Save Playlists from the Manage Playlist button
- Organize and find your favorite songs and videos in ONE place
- Rip your favorite music CDs into AAC, MP3, WMA, WAV or FLAC
- Burn your favorite music compilations to Audio CD (limited to 2x speed for free users)
- Media Library “Smart Views” allow you to easily create rule based lists of your media
- Easily modify your music collections tags (Artist, Album, Genre, Title, etc.)
- Download and view cover art for all of your albums
- Sort Playlists by title, file name, or path and file name
- Play many major video formats (AVI, NSV, WMV, MPG, etc.) with ease
- Easily resize video playback using the 1x, 2x, and Maximize window buttons
- Watch your favorite videos in Full Screen mode
- Quick access to dozens of Internet TV stations created by users
- Shift the sound from both speakers to left or right using the Balance slider
- Enable Cross Fading to transition the audio smoothly from one song to another
- Select from the dozens of EQ presets to tune the sound
- Create your own EQ settings and save them for future use
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 RC:
SP2 is an update Windows Vista that addresses feedback from customers and partners. By providing fixes integrated into a single service pack, Microsoft provides a single high-quality update that minimizes deployment and testing complexity for customers. In addition to all previously released updates, SP2 will contain changes focused on addressing reliability and performance issues, supporting new kinds of hardware, and adding support for several emerging standards. SP2 will also continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage large installations.
- To download Windows vista service pack 1,CLICK HERE
- To download Windows vista service pack 2,CLICK HERE
Posted by jimstech on March 30, 2009
To setup a home network(2pc’s/laptops) you should follow these steps:
1. Be sure that both computers are logged in to Windows(same version).
2. Connect each end of the cat5/RJ-45(u r netwrk cable) crossover cables in to the network cards of each computer.
3. Bootup both computers and sign them both on to Windows.
4. In order for both PC’s to be able to communicate together, the Ethernet adapters will need to be configured with a static IP address and a common Subnet mask. As an example, assign one PC an IP address of 18.104.22.168 and assign the second PC an IP address of 22.214.171.124. Both machines should use the Subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
Here’s how to configure your Network Card:
Go to Start>> Control Panel>> Network Connections>> Right click your Local Area Connection and select Properties. Scroll the list for the entry titled: Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). click the entry and select Properties.
Under the General tab, tick the box titled: Use the following IP address.
Enter the IP address and Subnet mask that you would like to use. Repeat the steps above for the second computer system.
5. Be sure that both PC’s have a common workgroup name of 15 characters or less.
Here’s how: Go to Start>> Control Panel>>System. Select the Computer name tab. Click the Change button. Change the Workgroup name. Repeat these instructions on the second computer ensuring that both computers are named exactly the same.
6. Reboot both computer systems.
7. Next, open a command prompt on one of the computers by going to Start>>Run.Type in: command [Enter] or click OK.
8. Type: ping 126.96.36.199 (if you are using the computer assigned with 192.198.0.01) press Enter.
9. Five replies to your ping should be indicated.
Note: If you receive a “timed out” message when attempting to ping your selected IP address.It is possible that the Internet Connection Firewall is interfering.
Try right clicking on “My Network Places“, then select Properties. Right click your Local Area Connection and select Properties once again. Click the Advanced tab. Uncheck the box titled: “Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet”.
Click OK. Now, try pinging the selected IP address again.
10. Once you get the two computers to communicate successfully together, you can now enjoy the benefits of file sharing, printer sharing and Internet connection sharing.
Try it & post u r comments ;)..
Posted by jimstech on March 29, 2009
On the main screen(standby mode):
- *#06# for checking the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity).
- *#7780# reset to factory settings.
- *#67705646# This will clear the LCD display(operator logo).
- *#0000# To view software version.
- *#2820# Bluetooth device address.
- *#746025625# Sim clock allowed status.
- #pw+1234567890+1# Shows if sim have restrictions.
- *#92702689# – takes you to a secret menu where you may find some of the information below:
1. Displays Serial Number.
2. Displays the Month and Year of Manufacture
3. Displays (if there) the date where the phone was purchased (MMYY)
4. Displays the date of the last repair – if found (0000)
5. Shows life timer of phone (time passes since last start)
- *#3370# – Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) activation. Increase signal strength, better signal reception. It also help if u want to use GPRS and the service is not responding or too slow. Phone battery will drain faster though.
- *#3370* – (EFR) deactivation. Phone will automatically restart. Increase battery life by 30% because phone receives less signal from network.
- *#4720# – Half Rate Codec activation.
- *#4720* – Half Rate Codec deactivation. The phone will automatically restart
- If you forgot wallet code for Nokia S60 phone, use this code reset: *#7370925538# Note, your data in the wallet will be erased. Phone will ask you the lock code. Default lock code is: 12345
- Press *#3925538# to delete the contents and code of wallet.
- *#7328748263373738# resets security code.
- Default security code is 12345.
NOTE: Some codes will not work in some symbian editions.