Take the phone out of the water immediately and without even thinking take out the battery. Even better, take the battery out whilst the phone is under water! 😉
As a result water will enter the battery compartment and it will short-out the battery. This is why you need to get the battery out as quickly as possible. Indeed, many circuits inside the phone will quite easily survive immersion in water as long as they are not attached to a power source. Also water is a very good conductor of heat. So even if you do have a short it may not necessarily damage the phone because of the water.So, what you absolutely must do is to remove the power source, the battery, as quickly and as safely as possible.
Never, ever, try heating the battery to dry it otherwise it could leak, or at worst, explode.If you are going to use any method to dry your phone, ensure that the battery is disconnected and stored safely away. Now remove your SIM card from the phone. If you phone is a GSM one then the chances are that you will have saved some (if not all) your contact details to the SIM card. Indeed, these data may be more valuable to you than the phone itself. SIM cards are solid state components.
Now turn your attention back to the phone itself. What you need to do is to get the phone as dry as possible as quickly as possible.What you can’t do is, so simply leave the phone to air-dry by itself as prolonged exposure to water will damage a number of the components and if the water itself isn’t particularly clean, or you come from a hard water area mineral deposits left as the phone dries will cause even more damage.
Remove as many of the phone’s covers as you can and open any slots so that air can pass through the phone. Now stand your phone next to a hairdryer.don’t set it too close to the phone (too much heat will damage the phone’s components just as surely as too much water will) ;).Leave the phone for about 5 hours.Continue this process until you see no more moisture.
Note that excessive heat can damage your phone even more than the water. Use only gentle heat and make sure that your phone is completely dry before applying any kind of power otherwise if you get a short the heat created may well damage your phone’s components beyond repair.Exposing your mobile to sunlight is far better(display should face the ground).
Now comes the brave part. After you have left your phone for at least a day(sunlight,longer might be better) re-attach the battery to see if it works.If your phone does not work ,change your battery(trial & check).If it works then you’re in luck.
If your phone has dropped in the sea (or other salt water) then remove the phone’s battery as above and immediately immerse the phone in fresh water or run it under a tap otherwise, as the salt water dries crystals of salt will form and these are sure to short-out your phone as soon as any power is applied.
Good luckssss ;)…..
Have a great day..