How to set CLASSPATH for JAVA ??
Posted by jimstech on March 29, 2009
To run java programs in your system without specifying the classpath option while compiling..,
Follow these steps..
To download JDK(latest version) CLICK HERE.
For Windows XP users:
1. Right-click on the My Computer icon
2. Select Properties
3. Click on the Advanced tab
4. Click on the Environment Variables button
5. Edit the old CLASSPATH variable(ie.. under environment variable >>System variables>>path)
6. Select it and click edit…Add this in variable value:
for eg: ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin
Dont forget to insert ” ; ” infront of the path.
ie. ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin
this is where your javac(compiler) file is located.
7. Click on OK buttons until you have closed the Properties.
8. Log off, then log back on to u r account to ensure that your environment variables are set.
Now you are done….
To know more about JAVA installation click HERE..
ROCK WITH JAVA 🙂